Donation

You can donate by transfering your donation to:

  1. DSB Bank account 04 - 40 - 140 t.n.v. S.V.Z for donations in US$
  2. DSB Bank account 1256076 t.n.v. Vrienden S.V.Z for donations in SRD

Click to watch video

About Us

Summary of the history
At the centennial, on 29 september 1894, 6 religious persons of the Congregation of Sisters of Love from Tilburg, the Netherlands had been deployed to Suriname. They started to work in the health care and education under very difficult circumstances. They founded the St.Vincentius Hospital in 1916, with a capacity of 70 beds. Initially this Congregation focussed on relieving the human suffering in the area of patient health out of charity. Gradually it became more professional and religious persons were trained and deployed to work as nursing staff.

In 1964, 1976 and for the last time in1978 the hospital was expanded.
In the 1960’s an in-service training was started for nursing staff . This training facility has been continued until today and helps to meet the needs for nursing staff of the institution.
In 1970 the fouundation was transformed and transferred to a board of lay persons.

Current capacity
The institution has a maximum admission capacity of 190 beds.
The staff consists of 650 employees, half of whom in the nursing department. We operate nursing departments, including:
(a) Children’s ward with a sub department for neonatology;
(b) Nursing ward with I.C. facilities for five patients;
(c) Operating ward with four operating rooms and recovery ward;
(d) Delivery ward;
Other departments are
(e) Lab department: haematology-chemistry-urine faeces –bacteriology;
(f) Radiology department: four diagnostic rooms as well as CT-scan, echography and mammography;
(g) Pharmacy: for clinical as well as for officinal use;
(h) Separate departments for: dietethics – physiotherapy – endoscopy – E.C.G., as well as E.E.G. ,E.M.G. and diabetic centre.

Management
The Hospital is managed by:
(a) The Board of trustees for policy formulation
(b) The Board of directors ( for day-to-day management ), consisting of:
- Mr. Ir.M.Hindori, General director
- Mrs. C Etnel, Nursing director
- Drs. C. Bailey Medical director



The Medical Staff Board is an advisory board to the Board of directors and the Board of Trustees and is chaired by an elected member of the  Medical staff.

Medical staff: Is the body of medical specialists and other similar medical personnel working at the Hospital according to their agreement with the Hospital.
The specialists are not employees of the Hospital. They rent the policlinic facilities from the Hospital and are obliged to have their patients clinically hospitalized and treated in the Hospital. Renumeration is based on performance and on rates set by the Board of directors in consultation with the medical staff.